Okay, I’ve been hard at work, almost on a war footing, to distance myself from the addictive browser. Incredibly enough, I’ve already been using enough tools over the past few months/years to reduce my dependence in the browser. I guess it’s time for me to add the finishing touch.
- For email, I use Windows Live Mail.
- For chatting, I’m on Yahoo! Messenger for Vista and GTalk.
- For blogging, I misuse Windows Live Writer.
- For reading news, I’ve restarted using FeedDemon. I’m now subscribing to only a handful of feeds as compared to the countless ones on Google Reader.
- To carry news with me when I’m traveling to and fro the office, I’m now subscribing to VOA podcasts via FeedStation.
- My online expense manager is already synched with Microsoft Excel via DocSyncer.
All this might sound silly, but this is the only way I can reduce my time spent online. I hope to switch to my new routine by Saturday. There are many more steps in austerity to be taken.